Web hosting is the vendor that allows an individual or an agency in getting their internet site accessible on the World Wide Web. This service is made available by operators called the Web Hosting providers. The internet host or the hosting provider has a server—wherein your website is stored and executed, that is there on the net. This way, everyone who has internet access, may get access to your internet site. Read this article till the end to get a brief idea about What is Web Hosting and Types of Web Hosting.
There are mainly two kinds of web hosting, free and paid website hosting services. In paid hosting services, there are numerous types, which will be discussed later on in the article.
Free web hosting enables the user to adjust the content material of his website within budget and allows him to invest saved money in other features. Such free web hosting companies make money by using commercials displayed on the website.
This sort of web hosting doesn’t sound good if your website is under a sub-domain or a sub-directory, meaning, the internet site is accompanied or preceded by the domain name of the web hosting issuer.
This kind of internet web hosting is fantastic for newbies in the field who require just a basic web page for getting started in particular with the add-on tools which can be very easy to use. Read about if Windows Defender is better than Avast Antivirus.
Paid web hosting services, on the opposite hand, provide extra storage area and extra features, functions but you will be required to pay the hosting provider costs to preserve your internet site.
An advantage of this type of hosting service is that the ads that appear for your internet site are those which you pick and the sales from it are going to you. You additionally get your own domain name.
The different types of paid internet web hosting are the following:
- Shared Web Hosting – in this kind, as the name suggests, you share the server and all different sources like software programs with other people. Here, you can manage the layout and content material of your website.
- Virtual Private Servers(VPS) – Here, the concept is that a server is split into small servers to allow the person to have their own. This is an inexpensive opportunity to own dedicated servers with some extra price than shared web hosting.
- Dedicated Server – This is not too popular for common companies as it requires a large sum of money. The owner receives full control over his/her dedicated server. This is good for high-traffic websites.
- Colocation Web Hosting – Someone purchases a server and allows the web hosting organization to offer space, connection, and power that comes under this kind. You need to have your personal administrator to check on your server.
- Cloud Web Hosting – Cloud-based computing is quite similar to getting access to a huge network of servers and you can mold those resources according to your needs without any real interruption to the service.
There are other web hosting services that provide precise website hosting and these would encompass blog web hosting, video web hosting, picture web hosting, and record website hosting among others.
When selecting a web hosting company, keep the following things in mind:
- Your needs – What kind of web hosting do you need like how much memory, bandwidth, etc.
- How dependable is the web hosting business enterprise from which you are planning to purchase? Can they guarantee that your internet site is always up and running?
- Development – In the near future, will this organization be able to provide what you need? Do they have cutting-edge technology?
- Dependability – There shouldn’t be any issues with your website and/or server.